A free and open source Jabber / XMPP client for Android. Easy to use, reliable, battery friendly. With built-in support for images, group chats and e2e encryption. Conversations makes it very easy to create an account on the conversations.im server. The use of that server comes with an annual fee of 8 euros after a trial period of 6 months. However, the conversations will also work with any other XMPP server. Many XMPP servers are run by volunteers and are free. Conversations work with all existing XMPP servers. However, XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are also standardized in so-called XEPs. Conversations supports some to enhance the overall user experience.
- Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy.
- Trust existing and well established protocols
- Does not require a Google account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
- Requires the least amount of permits possible
- End-to-end encryption with OMEMO or OpenPGP
- Encrypted audio and video
- Send and receive images
- Intuitive user interface that follows Android design guidelines
- Images / Avatars for your contacts
- Synchronizes with the desktop client
- Conferences (with support for bookmarks)
Required Android Versions : Jelly Bean [4.1–4.3.1] - KitKat [4.4–4.4.4] - Lollipop [5.0–5.0.2] - Marshmallow [6.0 - 6.0.1] - Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]