With CrookCatcher installed on your smartphone or tablet, you may have a chance to get it back! CrookCatcher hides behind your lock screen and if someone tries to unlock your phone with the wrong code, it takes a photo of the person with the front camera. CrookCatcher immediately e-mails you the photo of the thief, along with your device's current GPS location. So if your phone is stolen or if your coworker / partner / friend is too curious, with CrookCatcher you will always know if you have an intruder! card change (send an email with the SIM and operator information: subscriber ID, operator name, SIM country, and SIM serial number. This information may allow you to get help from the SIM operator to find your phone).
- Take a photo with a secret camera when someone tries to unlock your phone with the wrong code.
- Send email with photo, GPS coordinates, precision,
- Works with password, pin code and pattern lock.
- Combined view of maps and photos to search for images within the application.
- Of course it is completely silent and secret (disable notifications in settings).
- No battery drain CrookCatcher only runs when wrong code is entered.
- Select the number of unlock attempts before taking the photo
- Modifiable GPS settings (waiting time and desired precision)
- Detect SIM card change
- Detect theft (if CrookCatcher catches someone but then manages to unlock the phone, CrookCatcher takes another photo)
- Retry email (if your phone is offline when photos are taken, please postpone emails until you are back online)
- Change email subject
- Hide notifications of new images until the phone is unlocked
- Alert message (displays a custom warning message on the lock screen when CrookCatcher has caught the thief.
Required Android Versions : Lollipop [5.0–5.0.2] - Marshmallow [6.0 - 6.0.1] - Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]