The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Search, find, record and go home with Handy GPS. This app is a powerful navigation tool designed for outdoor sports such as hiking, trekking, roaming, mountain biking, kayaking, boating, horseback riding, geocaching. It is also useful for surveying, mining, archeology, and forestry applications. It is easy to use and works even in the most remote country, as it does not require network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat / lon coordinates so you can even use it with your paper maps.
- Displays your current coordinates, altitude, speed, direction of travel, and distance traveled in metric, imperial / US.
- You can store your current location as a waypoint and record a track record to show where you have been on a map.
- Data can be imported and exported to KML and GPX files.
- Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM, MGRS and lat / lon coords.
- You can guide you to a waypoint using the "Go To" screen and optionally sound an alert when you are approaching.
- It has a compass page that works on devices with magnetic field sensors.
- Automatically calculates local geoid offset to improve altitude accuracy
- Supports world WGS84 datum along with common Australian datums and map grids
- Shows GPS satellite locations and signal strength graphically.
- Can display simple or MGRS grid references.
- It can calculate the distance and direction from waypoint to waypoint.
- Includes an optional timer line to record the duration of the walk and calculate your average speed.
- Thoroughly tested by the developer on many off-trail hikes
Required Android Versions : Jelly Bean [4.1–4.3.1] - KitKat [4.4–4.4.4] - Lollipop [5.0–5.0.2] - Marshmallow [6.0 - 6.0.1] - Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]