Sun Locator predicts the position and trajectory of the sun and moon at a specific location over the course of a day.
Anticipate lighting conditions in photography / filming, real estate, architecture, outdoor activities (e.g. camping setup), solar panel placement, landscaping and more Main view shows all detailed information: sunrise / sunset, moonrise / moonset, blue hour, golden hour, solar noon, twilight hour, moon phase, and much more Camera view shows solar position and moon position directly overlaid on your device's camera . Use the slider to set the time of day and directly follow the solar movement. [A device with a magnetometer (compass) is required to use the AR function] The Map function displays the location, direction, and solar and lunar shadow on a map to help you plan your activities.
- Photography: when and where will the sun rise and set? When is the blue hour and the golden hour?
- Gardening: your plants get enough direct sunlight throughout the day and year
- Real estate: does a neighboring building obstruct the sun and cause shade?
- Camping: the sun will shine in your tent
- Hiking: when dawn begins and dusk ends
- Solar panels: there will be obstructions nearby
- Use your current GPS location or choose any location on a map
- Save your favorite locations
- Use the current time or choose any time of the day
- Get data about sunrise / sunset times, twilight (dusk / dawn), photography hours (blue and golden hours)
- Get data about moon rise / set and moon phase
Required Android Versions : Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]