Sun Locator predicts the position and trajectory of the sun and moon at a specific location over the course of a day. Anticipate lighting conditions in photography / filming, real estate, architecture, outdoor activities (e.g. camping setup), solar panel placement, gardening The main view shows all detailed information: sunrise / sunset, sunrise / moonset, blue hour, golden hour, solar noon, twilight hour, moon phase and much more The camera view shows the solar position and lunar position directly superimposed on your device camera. Use the slider to set the time of day and directly follow the solar movement. [A device with magnetometer (compass) is required to use the AR function] The Map function displays the location, direction, and solar and lunar shadow on a map to help you plan your activities.
- Photography: when and where the sun will rise and set
- Gardening: do your plants get enough direct sunlight throughout the day and year?
- Real estate: does a neighboring building obstruct the sun and cause shade?
- Architecture: How much sun will your home get? Is the sun shining through your window?
- Camping: will the sun shine in your tent?
- Hiking: when does dawn begin and dusk end?
- Solar panels: Will there be obstructions nearby?
- Use your current GPS location or choose any location on a map
- Save your favorite locations
- Use the current time or choose any time of the day
- Get data about sunrise / sunset times, twilight (dusk / dawn), photography hours (blue and golden hours)
- Get data about moon rise / set and moon phase
- See the position of the sun and the moon in the chosen location and the time superimposed on the camera of your device
- Overlay the path of the sun and the moon on the map and anticipate the casting of shadows (map function)
- Follow the position of the sun and moon using the slider to set a time of day and a day of the year
Required Android Versions : Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]