Sun Locator predicts the position and path of the sun and moon at a specific location over the course of a day. Anticipate lighting conditions in photography / filming, real estate, architecture, outdoor activities (e.g. camping setup), solar panel placement, gardening and The main view shows all detailed information: sunrise / sunset, moonrise / moonset, blue hour, golden hour, solar noon, twilight hour, moon phase and much more The camera view shows the solar position and lunar position directly superimposed on your device camera. Use the slider to set the time of day and directly follow the solar movement. [A device with a magnetometer (compass) is required to use the AR function]
- Gardening: do your plants get enough direct sunlight throughout the day and year?
- Real estate: a neighboring building obstructs the sun and produces shade?
- Architecture: How much sunlight will your house receive? Does the sun enter through your window?
- Camping: will the sun shine in your tent?
- Hiking: when dawn begins and dusk ends
- Solar panels: Will there be obstructions nearby?
- Use your current GPS location or choose any location on a map
- Save your favorite locations
- Use the current time or choose any time of the day
- Get data about sunrise / sunset times, twilight (dusk / dawn), photography hours (blue and golden hours)
- Get data about moonrise / moonset and moon phase
- See the position of the sun and the moon in the chosen location and the time superimposed on the camera of your device
- Overlay the path of the sun and the moon on the map and anticipate the casting of shadows (map function)
- Track the position of the sun and moon using the slider to set the time of day and day of the year
Required Android Versions : Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]