Understand the world through award-winning independent journalism, expert reporting, and multimedia storytelling with the NYTimes app. A redesigned Top Stories provides a more consistent experience across all of our apps and websites. Our new home page groups similar stories so you can easily return to the sections that interest you. The NYTimes app for Android was responsively built and has a 4 "phone to 12" + tablet format. The application works on all devices running the Android operating system (5.0+) Wi-Fi connection information: This item gives the application permission to use available Wi-Fi networks instead of your mobile network. In the absence of reliable Wi-Fi networks or if Wi-Fi is disabled, the application will use your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in the service contract with your wireless service provider.
- Breaking news alerts that link directly to stories in development.
- Save articles to read them offline on any device.
- Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform.
- Watch exclusive videos and explore our award-winning photography.
- Experience NYT stories through innovative formats, such as augmented reality and 360º video.
- International coverage of current events and cultural stories from our 50 offices around the world.
- Podcasts: Listen to audio series including "The Daily" and "Modern Love."
- The Mini Crossword: Enjoy word games every day with the daily mini puzzle.
- Read our coverage in Spanish with NYT en Español.
- Read at night Activate our experimental night mode to get a dark friendly app theme.
Required Android Versions : Marshmallow [6.0 - 6.0.1] - Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]