USB Media Explorer (UME), formerly known as Nexus Media Importer, allows you to view photos (Jpeg and Raw), stream videos1, listen to music, and view documents from USB storage devices and cameras. Specialized screens for photos, videos, music, documents and file management. Copy files to and from the USB device. See full-size photos and videos no matter! Connecting most devices will require a microUSB OTG cable or USB C to USB adapter. These are available from most major retail websites.
- Video and audio formats that are not natively supported by Android (AVI, Dolby, DTS, WMV) may require a third-party player such as VLC.
- Hard drives require considerable power and may require an external power source, such as a powered USB hub.
- Only cameras with storage are supported. Live imaging devices such as endoscopes and webcams are not supported.
- To access another Android device, put the target device in MTP / File transfer mode.
- Most "i" devices use a proprietary protocol. These are NOT supported.
- Only DVD drives that support AV Connect mode or similar are supported. Consult the manual for your DVD drive. Commercial DVDs are not supported.
Required Android Versions : Jelly Bean [4.1–4.3.1] - KitKat [4.4–4.4.4] - Lollipop [5.0–5.0.2] - Marshmallow [6.0 - 6.0.1] - Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]