Advanced Media Player for Android TV and Google TV Devices UPnP / DLNA streaming reported to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server, TVersity, TVMOBiLi, Mediatomb, XBMC / Kodi, and Plex Media Server. SRT subtitles are supported by some servers. MKV subtitles are supported by all servers (if there is no transcoding). Covers and Sheets are NOT UPnP / DLNA compatible, however ViMu will display the covers / thumbnails provided by your server. UPnP's search and indexing feature has been shown to work with Twonky, Logitech Media Server, and Kodi.
- Hardware decoding up to 4k (HEVC / VP9) on Android TV for compatible devices.
- Navigation through grids, lists and double lists.
- Works as UPnP Renderer (DLNA Push) on Android TV.
- Simple and fast Leanback user interface for Android TV.
- Support for Picture-in-Picture mode of Android TV (7.0+).
- Navigation and playback from internal storage, SD cards and USB drives.
- Navigation and playback from Windows shares (SMB).
- Navigation, search and playback from UPnP / DLNA servers.
- Navigation and playback from WebDAV servers.
- Navigation and playback from NFS servers.
- Change of audio tracks in multilingual files.
- Transfer AC3, EAC3, DTS on Android TV.
- Support for external SRT subtitles in any encoding (needs to have an srt (lowercase extension)
- Support for MKV, MP4 embedded in SSA / ASS, SRT, DVBSub and VOBSub formats
- M3U playlists support.
Required Android Versions : Lollipop [5.0–5.0.2] - Marshmallow [6.0 - 6.0.1] - Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]