VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform media player that plays most media files, as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols. This is the VLC media player port for the Android ™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network drives and shares, and DVD ISOs, just like the desktop version of VLC. VLC for Android is a complete audio player, with a Complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all strange audio formats. VLC is for everyone, it is totally free, has no ads, no in-app purchases, no spying, and is developed by passionate volunteers. All source code is available for free.
- "Photos / Media / Files" to read all your multimedia files :)
- "Storage" to read all your media files on SD cards :)
- "Other" to check network connections, change volume, set ringtone, run on Android TV and show popup view,
- You need to "read the contents of your USB storage" in order to read your media files on it.
- You need to "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", to allow the deletion of files and store subtitles.
- You need "full network access", to open network and Internet flows.
- You need to "prevent phone from sleeping" to prevent ... your phone from going to sleep when watching video.
Required Android Versions : Ice Cream Sandwich [4.0.3–4.0.4] - Jelly Bean [4.1–4.3.1] - KitKat [4.4–4.4.4] - Lollipop [5.0–5.0.2] - Marshmallow [6.0 - 6.0.1] - Nougat [7.0 – 7.1.1] - Oreo [8.0-8.1]